DreamWidth Install Guide
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter to get your StatCounter code.
- Copy the StatCounter code.
- Log into your Dreamwidth.org account (opens in a new window) with your username and password.
- Go to "Post".
- Insert your StatCounter code into a post.
- Select "Private (Just You)" and then post the item.
Note 1:The code will need to be a) reinstalled once your subsequent blog posts have moved the counter post onto the next page of your journal or b) rather than reinstalling the code you may also simply edit the date of the counter post to make it appear on the current (top) page of your journal.
Note 2:You may also install your StatCounter code under the "mini-bio" area of the site in order to track visits to your profile.
Note 3:Dreamwidth.org allows the HTML-only version of StatCounter code. Certain stats will not be available such as referring links, keyword analysis, and page titles.
These instructions have been compiled and verified: December 2012