Top Web Hosting
Finding the top web hosting companies can be a bit of a nuance. Every company has its own strengths and has different resources available for businesses to use. Depending on the type of plan you want to use, there are going to be different benefits. For example, a shared hosting plan is very different from a dedicated server and the benefits of such are immensely different. Every business comes with its own unique set of needs so they will find a plan that benefits over another.
At StatCounter, our valued members have access to incredible statistics and analytical tools that help them monitor the success of their website. With that said, we understand the role that your website plays for your business. We provide valuable learning materials and articles to improve your understanding of web hosting and allow you to make the most effective decisions in regards to your website. Here as a look at the top web hosting services for different types of hosting solutions.
As mentioned above, StatCounter provides information about web hosting services so businesses can host their site on a server that suits them. Learn more about hosting through the articles we have listed below:
What is Web Hosting
The internet is often used to visit web pages that contain different content made available by people, businesses, and many other entities. In order to make the content available, they utilize a web hosting service. The web hosting service puts the data that makes up websites on a server that is then accessible by entering a domain name. The domain name is the most common way of visiting a website.
Depending on the type of web hosting service you buy, you will have different benefits and features available to you. Businesses can choose between hosting on a shared server, a virtual private server, or a dedicated server. This choice you make will depend on the traffic of the site, size of budget, and the amount of control the business wants to have over their environment. It is also important to note that web hosting is a scalable solution and business can upgrade into plans that provide more power as they grow.
Top Shared Hosting Plans
A shared hosting plan is the most affordable option for businesses to get their websites online. This service puts your website on a shared server that can hold up to 1000 users. The resources drawn by your website are pulled from a shared pool. This means that your website is subject to the resources that are available to everybody, such as RAM, storage, and bandwidth.
- 1&1: Their shared hosting plans provide a lot of value for the price. They start at the lowest price with it set at $0.99 per month. You can get discounted plans for longer contracts. Your business also gets huge amounts of resources, including some that aren’t included in many other plans. They offer all users a free SSL Certificate to give their website added security that allows them to use ecommerce effectively. On top of that, your business has unlimited webspace and websites.
- BlueHost: This is a popular option for many individuals and businesses. With a low starting price of $3.95 per month, businesses have plenty of room to start their website. They get unmetered bandwidth, support for one website, and 50GB of web space. These features are quickly upgraded if you move up to their more expensive plans, but this plan is well suited for beginners.
- HostGator: For $3.95 a month, your business is equipped with all the basics needed to start a website. Their plan even includes email marketing tools that can be used to extend the reach of your brand, products, and services. You get 1 domain, unmetered bandwidth, and a variety of one-click installs.
As the Trusted domain and web hosting provider of StatCounter, 1&1 has a wide range of high-quality and affordable web hosting services. Better yet, 1&1 has built a reputation as one of the top web hosting companies around.
Top VPS Plans
One of the most distinguishing factors for VPS is the operating system you want to run on your server. Many web hosting providers allow users to run on a Linux-based server, but Windows-based servers are a bit harder to find. Prices for VPS tend to increase a lot from a shared server, but the control your business gains over the server and tools are much greater. The VPS is a hybrid solution that puts your website on a shared server of 10 to 20 users, but gives you dedicated resources within the server.
- 1&1: VPS is a great upgrade from a shared hosting plan and 1&1 makes it an affordable solution for your business. Their basic plan is only $4.99 a month. If you don’t want to use a Linux server, it does cost a bit extra to use a Windows-based server, but it’s far more reasonable than other plans.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy also offers both Linux and Windows servers. Their Windows plans are a bit pricier, but VPS still provides a great solution for websites with more traffic. Their plans start at $16.99 per month and even include a free SSL certificate for a year. After the initial contract, the price jumps to $29.99 per month.
- BlueHost: These plans start at $19.99 and increase to $29.99 after the initial contract. Unfortunately, businesses only get the option to use Linux-based servers. These plans give you unlimited bandwidth, 30 GB of storage, and 2GB of RAM.
Top Dedicated Server Plans
A dedicated server puts your business in complete control over the server that hosts your website. If you are on a dedicated server plan, your business will be able to implement its own software, security, and changes to the server. A dedicated server is all about the added control, but they do require a more extensive knowledge and expertise of technology. A dedicated plan is typically the most expensive option because it provides you with an entire server.
- 1&1: If you want to experience the power of a dedicated server, 1&1 gives users 3 free months on a dedicated server plan. After those three months, the price is $69.99 for the basic plan. This deal will show you how much control you get with a dedicated server.
- GoDaddy: With this plan, you get 4CPU cores, 4GB of RAM, 1TB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, a free SSL certificate for a year, and 3 dedicated IPs. Their first plan starts at $69.99 per month and gives you plenty of power to run your website.
- HostGator: Their basic plans start at $79.00 per month. You can choose between Linux and Windows servers and they both offer identical features. You get 4GB of RAM, 2 core CPU, 500GB of storage space and 10TB of bandwidth.
In short, you need to find a web hosting service that suits your website and business best. Of the many types, the one you choose will depend on the type of site and the amount of space you’ll need. Regardless, getting your business online is essential in today’s world. Without a website, all those web users we mentioned earlier won’t be able to find your business.
StatCounter Web Tracking Tools
Once you have set up your website on the perfect server, it’s time to track the results. It is important to analyze the traffic of your site and find the pages that are performing well online. StatCounter provides the best tools to see where your traffic is coming from and how visitors are interacting within your site. With these insightful analytics, you can make effective decisions to your web design and infrastructure. It is important to replicate the success of your pages and make sure you make edits that benefit your traffic.
If you ever need help with any of the StatCounter tools, you can contact StatCounter member support by completing the form below.
Share this article
Contact your StatCounter Growth Expert for a free 30 minute consultation
Understand your visitors with StatCounter
See why over 2,500,000 bloggers, web designers, marketing and SEO professionals and small business owners around the world use StatCounter to grow their business.Learn More