Web Application Engineer
This position will be located in Dublin City Centre, Ireland or for particularly talented individuals the ability to work remotely is also on offer.
StatCounter is a leading online tool for webmasters, website owners, bloggers and marketers to track and analyse the visitors to their website in real-time. StatCounter has experienced phenomenal growth over the last 15 years to become one of the most popular web analytics services in the world. Tracking over 15 billion page views a month across more than 3 million websites.
In 2008 we launched our Global Stats tool to analyse the massive amount of data we were tracking and publish reports about the usage share of Search Engines, Browsers and Operating Systems including Mobile.
Our members are full of ideas and are constantly requesting new features and improvements. We need your help to take these ideas - run with them, develop them, test them and improve them.
Technical Skills Needed:
- Outstanding programming skills and knowledge of PHP.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in designing clean and functional Web Application UIs.
- Knowledge of SQL and database structures. (MySQL and replication knowledge a bonus)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in programming, analytics, or technical role.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Superb organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Amazon web services
- Spearhead the design/development/implementation of a new website stats features for StatCounter.
- Maintain and update our best in the business browser detection for gs.statcounter.com
- Expand the functionality of the StatCounter API
- Debug and resolve any performance issues with the StatCounter site
For immediate consideration please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and tell us what YOU can bring to StatCounter.
Important: The subject field of your email must include "Web Application Engineer"