MSN Spaces Install Guide
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter to get your StatCounter code.
- copy the StatCounter code (highlight + ctrl c)
- visit the page you want to install the counter on e.g. http://spaces.msn.com/members/your_space/
- make sure you are logged in with your .net account and click the "Edit Your Space" link in the side menu to the left
- Click "Add entry"
- Enter a "Title" e.g. StatCounter Counter
- Select a Category if you wish it is not necessary
- Click "HTML Mode"
- Past the code in the text area (ctrl v)
- Click the "Publish Entry" button
Note: MSN Spaces is quite limited in what it allows you to add. Unfortunately you can't customise the layout to include a StatCounter as standard. Thus, the only way to include a counter would be to include the code for it in the blog posts themselves. But if you were to do this, and include it in blog posts, you'd need to ensure that only one blog post on each page has the StatCounter code - if multiple blogs on a page had the code, it would count each visitor multiple times.
As you can see, it's not an ideal solution, but unfortunately it appears to be the only way to use a service like StatCounter with MSN Spaces. We'd highly recommend considering a service like www.blogger.com, which allows for more freedom in customising.