Netscape Composer Install Guide
StatCounter provides free customisable hit counters, visitor tracking, web analytics and website stats for Netscape Composer.
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter to get your StatCounter code.
- copy the StatCounter code (highlight + ctrl c)
- open your page in the composer window
- choose preferences in the edit menu to open the preferences tab and select composer
- in the right panel go to external editors.
- click on the button choose next to html source to select an editor
- browse and find either notepad.exe (windows) or simpletext (macintosh).
- select the application and click to open.
- you have now selected notepad or simpletext as your default editor
- click ok and close the preferences tab
- in the edit menu select html source to edit the source code in your default editor
- insert the StatCounter code anywhere between the <body> and </body> tags (ctrl v)
- save and publish your page.