SiteSkins Install Guide
- Copy the StatCounter code.
- Log into your SiteSkins website (opens in a new window).
- Click "Edit" beside your website name.
- Click a section/page to which you want to add StatCounter.
- Note that the method for adding StatCounter to your site depends on the PAGE TYPE.
- For most page types, simply paste the StatCounter code into a paragraph box towards the end of your page.
- For a "HTML" page, paste the StatCounter code into the HTML box, beneath any exisiting code or text.
- For a "Text Editor" page, click "Source".
- The second step for "Text Editor" pages is to paste your StatCounter code below all the other code and text on the page. (NOTE: if you choose a visible StatCounter, you will need to add some "tags" before and after your StatCounter code to make sure it displays properly. This applies to "Text Editor" pages only. If this applies to you, simply paste <p> just before the START of your StatCounter code and </p> just after the code.)
- The final step for "Text Editor" pages is to click "Source" again.
- Whichever way you add StatCounter to your page, make sure to click "Next Page" to save your changes.
- Now, repeat this procedure and add StatCounter to EVERY page of your website. (DON'T FORGET to click "Next Page" on each page to save the code before moving to the next page!)
- When you are finished adding StatCounter to every page of your site, click "Publish & Exit" at the bottom of the page and that's it!
Your StatCounter will now begin recording visitor information and, if you chose the visible option, your counter will be visible on your SiteSkins website! (The image below shows a sample StatCounter.)