I've been using StatCounter for a while but it seems to have stopped working. It's not tracking any more visitors. What's wrong? Knowledge Base › Bugs
Please double check your web site to make sure our code is still installed. The most common cause of this problem is that the StatCounter code has been accidentally removed or altered.
For safeties sake you can try removing *all* of the old StatCounter code and re-installing a fresh copy of the code. You can get a new copy of your StatCounter code with these steps.
1. Login to StatCounter
2. Click the project name you need the code for
3. Click the mini-wrench icon towards the upper left hand corner
4. Click the "Install Code" link
5. Follow the directions in the guide
If it still doesn't work, then create a very basic test page to see if it works on that page.
Another cause of this problem is that other code on your page is interfering with the StatCounter code in an unexpected way. To get around this you can try moving the StatCounter code towards the top of the page.
Search Knowledge BaseForum Search
- I've been using StatCounter for a while but it seems to have stopped working. It's not tracking any more visitors. What's wrong?
- I just started using StatCounter but it's not working. Your system is broken. I know I'm having visitors but they are not being tracked by your system. What's wrong?
- The counter is installed correctly but it is not increasing!
- Are the email reports working - how do I configure them?
- The StatCounter.com homepage won't load - and my counter won't load on my webpage.
- The country, city, state, regions stats are a little off. I know my friend is from xxx but he is coming up as xxx.
- Why xhtml valid code is not validating as w3c valid code - why?
- The code is installed fine but it's not counting any visitors for some reason.
- All of my visitors are coming up with a "no referring link" - is there a problem?
- Cross checking the visitor/summary stats the unique visitors don't add up.
- The lifetime count from "my projects" page is different from the total being displayed on my counter - why is it different?
- My visitors aren't being counted - why?
- I can't register - what's wrong?
- Unique Visitors are DIFFERENT in the Summary Stats compared to the Detailed Log Stats - what's wrong?
- The Blocking Cookie and/or Remember Me features are not working.