I’m using StatCounter – what are my options regarding cookies on my website? Knowledge Base › Configuration
If you use StatCounter on your website, a StatCounter analytics cookie is set in the browsers of people who visit your site. This cookie is used only to determine first-time and returning visitors and to estimate unique visits to the site. No personal information is stored in the cookie. Cookie duration is 5 years. This is the default situation.
Your visitors can set their browsers to refuse StatCounter analytics cookies on your site (and all other sites which use StatCounter) on this page.
Alternatively, you can choose to completely opt-out of using StatCounter analytics cookies on your site:
- Go to the "Projects" tab of your StatCounter account.
- Click the wrench/spanner icon to access the configuration area of your project.
- Click "Cookie Opt-Out" in the left menu bar and follow the directions.
Search Knowledge BaseForum Search
- Can I reset my logs back to zero?
- My counter increases by one when I reload the page, how can I make it to only track unique visitors?
- How do I change my counters starting count?
- How do I configure default summary stat settings for guest users?
- How can I make sure my visits aren't counted when I load my site?
- I don't want to have to login to view my stats. Can I make my stats public?
- Is there a user type that can ONLY view the summary stats?
- How do I track anchor clicks within a web page?
- How do I delete a user?
- How can I center my counter?
- I have my counter configured for unique visitors, but it still increments every time I reload the page? How do I fix this?
- How do I block my IP address so it does not get recorded?
- How do I block my visits from being tracked using a cookie?
- How can I change a users status from "viewer" to "admin" on my account?
- Can I partially reset my logs?
- Can I change my project name?
- I’m using StatCounter – what are my options regarding cookies on my website?