How do I install StatCounter using Wix - HTML5 Version?
- Sign up for a free account at StatCounter and follow the steps to create your first project and generate your StatCounter code.
- If prompted, make sure to choose Wix HTML5 Version from the list of Installation Guides.
- Copy the StatCounter code.
- Log into your Wix website (opens in a new window).
- Click "My Account" (or click "Create" if you don't already have an existing website).
- Click "Edit" to launch the HTML5 site editor.
- Click the Plus icon to add an element, and select the 'Apps' item from this menu.
- Click the "HTML" app icon.
- Under the option Mode, choose 'HTML code' from the drop down list.
- Paste the StatCounter code into the HTML /embed code box.
- Click "Show on all pages".
- Click "Update".
- Resize and drag the counter to your desired location.
- Click "Publish".
Full StatCounter functionality is not available with Wix websites due to limitations with the Wix HTML widget. Page titles and referring information are not available.
These instructions have been compiled and verified: October 2012
The code checker will say "Code not detected" even when things are setup perfectly. This is due to how Wix handles extra code. You can check the installation by visiting your site and then checking the stats to see if the hit was logged.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- How do I install StatCounter using Wix - Flash Version?
- How do I install StatCounter using Wix?
- How do I install StatCounter using Wix - HTML5 Version?