Do I have to display a banner ad on my website? Why is this service free? I don't like free services - what are you getting out of it?
You absolutely do not have to put a banner ad on your site. We keep our
overheads to a minimum - then make our money from advertising when you log onto StatCounter to see the latest visitors to your website. We do not put advertisements on your website!
If your website is getting more than 250,000 pageloads a month, then you are outside this free model. Get in touch with us before adding the code to your website and we'll be able to offer you better stats for an excellent price. You'll get real value for money.
The primary goal behind StatCounter is to help webmasters succeed online, and we want to provide the best possible website stats to the most amount of webmasters and site owners out there. What's the point in designing a system that doesn't get used by anybody? We want as many webmasters as possible out there to be using our system. But we will only provide the service on a sustainable basis which is why websites getting over 250,000 pageloads a month either have to pay or remove the code.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- How can I track downloads?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I use Custom Tags?
- What are some Custom Tag use cases?
- Can I alter the Statcounter code?
- What happens when my log file is full - does Statcounter stop tracking?
- Do you reserve the right to share my email addresses or my clients' site users' email addresses with third parties?
- Do you have a secure (HTTPS / SSL) tracking code?
- Why is this service free?
- If a visitor does not have cookies enabled are they still tracked by the system?
- Statcounter and the GDPR
- What is the database error message I'm seeing?
- Does StatCounter work with Craigslist?
- How do I close my account?
- How can I view stats from only certain countries / cities / states?
- Why does the URL say "Unknown"?
- My email report is missing / didn't get delivered.
- In my downloaded log the leading zero (0) in zip codes has been removed - how can I fix this?
- How do I enable async (asynchronously) tracking?