Finding Affordable SEO Services
As you begin to learn more about SEO and look for services for such, you must be careful in your search to ensure your money is going to sound strategies. In SEO, there’s a variety of tactics to help improve search engine rankings and boost the visibility of your site, however, not every SEO company offers the same services. So, if you’re wondering how to find affordable SEO services, you should be well aware of what your website needs so you can be sure you’re getting your money’s worth.
In addition to knowing which SEO services suit your site, you’ll also want to monitor any services you pay for to ensure they’re performing well. This is where StatCounter comes in. We provide insightful analytics to help business owners monitor traffic and determine which strategies are working and which aren’t. Having said that, let’s take a look at what to look for when seeking affordable SEO services.
If you'd like to continue your reading on SEO, you can view the articles we’ve provided below to gain more insight:
Affordable SEO Services: Must Haves
As mentioned, there’s a broad range of SEO services you can utilize. However, when seeking affordable SEO services, you’ll want to be sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck. With this, there are a select few services you should look for. Many SEO companies offer services in packages or ala carte, which can allow you to pick and choose those strategies that are best suited for your site. For the most part, the services provided below are essential for virtually any website. Take a look:
- Keywords: Keyword research is one of the most important aspects of SEO, as you need strong and appropriate keywords to target in order to start ranking in search results. Most companies pay for keyword-specific tools, which they’ll then use to supply you with a list of keywords to use across the site.
- Content: With the aforementioned keyword research, the SEO company you’re considering should offer content creation in a number of disciplines, such as press releases, static web pages, and blog posts. Of course, you can write quality content yourself, but it takes time and work that could be delegated elsewhere.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are essential to search engine rankings, as they help to build your website’s domain and page authorities, so ensure the company you’re considering offers backlinking. However, you’ll also need to ensure they utilize sound tactics, as some means of acquiring backlinks can result in a penalty or loss in rankings.
- Onsite Optimization: Any existing content on your website should be optimized around keywords to help improve keyword rankings. This includes title and header tags, meta descriptions, and image alt text, among others. Seeing as this an integral aspect of SEO, most companies offering affordable SEO services should offer this.
- Technical SEO: You’ll also need to pay mind to some more technical aspects of SEO, such as conversion rate, page load speed, and site architecture. If the company you’re considering doesn’t offer such, we’d recommend looking elsewhere.
Keyword research, content creation, backlinking, and the other tactics mentioned above are essential to SEO, so any prospective company you’re considering should absolutely offer these. You may even find some companies offer more, but you can typically pick and choose what you get.
How to find Affordable SEO Services: Key Considerations
While you should be sure your prospective SEO company performs the above strategies, you should also be prepared to ask a number of questions as you seek affordable SEO services. In doing so, you’ll get a better idea of what you’re paying for and how it can affect your site. So, when seeking SEO services, keep the following in mind the following:
- First, determine which services you need. If those listed above suffice, seek companies online who offer such services.
- Ask for case studies and references from the company to see how other businesses saw success from their services.
- Consult with multiple companies to compare references, costs, etc.
- Ask how they’ll improve search engine rankings—what tactics will they use? You could even ask for a projection of when you’ll see results.
- Ensure they’ll report changes to the website and improvements in rankings.
- Do they focus on Google SEO? Being the most-used search engine, your SEO company should focus much of their efforts on Google.
- Ask about the tools they use and ensure they’re suitable for your needs.
- Ask about payments and how you’ll be charged. In most cases, you’ll pay for the month ahead (as with most services).
- Inquire about contracts—can you get out as you please? Or will you be locked in for several months? This is key, and you should strive to find a company who doesn’t require a contract. Otherwise, you could end up paying for services that aren’t performing as intended. Some may even harm your rankings, though it’s more rare these days.
Of course, there’s plenty more you can ask as you seek out affordable SEO services, and each question should pertain to your type of site specifically. This way, you can ensure the company knows how to perform SEO on a site in your industry—whether it be for a local business, e-commerce site, or service provider.
Monitor Your Services with StatCounter
Once you’ve selected an SEO company, or individual SEO consultant, you’ll want to keep track of their efforts on your own, in addition to the reports they provide. You can utilize StatCounter’s web tracker to keep a close eye on your website’s traffic to see if your investment is paying off. In turn, you’ll know how your website performs with certain tactics, which you can then use to decide which tactics to drop and which to stick with.
If you have any questions please contact our member support by filling out the form below.
Share this article
Understand your visitors with Statcounter
See why over 2,000,000 bloggers, web designers, marketing and SEO professionals and small business owners around the world use Statcounter to grow their business.Learn More