Google SEO Tools
While getting your website optimized properly for search engines can be a difficult task, there are a number of Google SEO tools that can help you out in this endeavor. Search engine optimization (SEO) is immensely important to building and sustaining a strong online presence, and Google SEO tools can help you achieve the perfect strategy for your website.
Of course, you will need to actively track your SEO progress with StatCounter. With our web tracker, you can monitor your performance through a variety of metrics that can tell you where your visitors have come from, the most popular pages of your website, and much more. As you prepare to implement SEO for your website, let us show you some of the Google SEO tools you can utilize to help develop a sound strategy.
If you’re ready to move on to further SEO training, you can view the pages provided below:
Using Google SEO Tools to Develop Strategies
As you begin developing an SEO strategy for your website, there are a number of Google SEO tools that can help you along the way. Google Search Console is one of the most advantageous tools available to you and, best of all, it’s free! In the Google Search Console, there are several tools that can benefit your website or online business. Some of these tools are listed below:
- Sitemap Submission: Google, and other search engines, prefer XML sitemaps over HTML sitemaps. However, it’s good practice to include both on your site as HTML sitemaps can help visitors navigate your site easier. Once you have created your sitemaps, you can use Google Search Console to submit your XML sitemap to be indexed. This is an important part of getting your webpages ranking for keywords.
- Links to Your Website: Another feature available with Google Search Console is to track links to your website, also known as backlinks. With this, you can see your most linked pages, which websites link back to your site the most, and your most common anchor text. High-quality backlinks are immensely important because they help to improve the domain and page authorities of your site, further improving your performance in search engine results.
- Fetch, Render, and Submit to Index: When you build a new page, or edit an existing one, it can take search engines a while to index the new content. With Google Search Console, you can perform a fetch, render, and submit-to-index function to speed up this process. This is a relatively easy process and Google Search Console allows for 10 of these every month for each website you have.
- Mobile Friendliness Check: Since mobile friendly websites are so important, Google Search Console has a tool you can use to check if your website is mobile friendly. If it's not mobile, you will be given a list of errors to correct to improve your site’s visibility. If your website is based off a premade theme, often times they include a free mobile version of the site.
- Search Queries: Another useful tool in the Google Search Console is a list of common search terms, or queries, that your site is ranking for. You can use this information as a first step for keyword research to further improve your SEO strategy and rank for more keywords.
Importance of Optimizing Your Site for Google
Google is by far the most used search engine across the world. In fact, Google controls the vast majority of search engine users, around 70%. Other search engines, like Bing and Yahoo, control much smaller portions of the market share, but it can still be beneficial for your website by optimizing it for these search engines as well. Luckily, the algorithms used by search engines usually include similar pieces, although they may carry different weight depending on the search engine.
By The Numbers
As of 2016, over 50% of total search queries on Google come from mobile devices, and the number continues to increase. In fact, nearly 60% of US web users search on Google from their mobile devices.
Note: Statistics provided by Search Engine Land
Google offers a lot of specialized services, as well. For example, Google My Business pages are designed to help increase the online visibility for small and large businesses alike. When your Google My Business page is properly optimized, your website will then be listed in the Google Maps section. This can be incredibly helpful for visitors trying to find your business.
Also, Google My Business gives you the ability to have reviews displayed from previous customers. Not only can this help enhance your business’s online reputation, but reviews can also help to improve keyword rankings, as well. The more positive reviews your Google My Business page has, the more authoritative Google will view your site for the keyword in question.
Google is not the only search engine that offers tools like this, however. Bing, Yahoo!, and many other search engines have their own Search Console with similar tools to help improve your website’s performance on search engines other than Google. However, in starting SEO for your website, focusing on Google first is often recommended. Considering the global usage of Google and the meaningful traffic that comes from such, optimizing your website for Google is key.
Measure Your Google SEO Efforts with StatCounter Insights
Once you have developed a sound SEO strategy to rank in Google’s search results, you will then need to track your progress to ensure the efforts put forth are performing as intended. With StatCounter, you can track the progress you have made on your website through our Google SEO resources to ensure your site is competitive online. We offer a range of detailed metrics to help you determine where traffic is coming from, how users are interacting on site, and much more.
If you have questions or comments, you can contact StatCounter member support by completing the form below and we will get back to you shortly.
Share this article
Contact your StatCounter Growth Expert for a free 30 minute consultation
Understand your visitors with Statcounter
See why over 2,000,000 bloggers, web designers, marketing and SEO professionals and small business owners around the world use Statcounter to grow their business.Learn More