How can I make sure my visits aren't counted when I load my site?
We have two ways to try and keep your visits from being counted when you load your site.
First method : Blocking cookie
These steps will setup a "blocking cookie" in your browser that will prevent your hits from being counted.
1. Login to StatCounter
2. Click the "Blocking Cookie" link in the left menu
3. Click the "Creating blocking cookie for all projects" button
4. The page should reload and the button should now say "Remove blocking cookie". This means the blocking cookie has been successfully setup.
Second method : IP blocking
These steps will let you add your IP address to a list of addresses who's hits will not be logged.
1. Login to StatCounter.
2. In the list of projects click the blue gear icon to the far right of your project name
3. Click the "Edit Project Settings" link.
4. In the bottom left menu under "Project Config" click "Ignore Visits".
You might have to click "Project Config" so the full menu opens.
5. Put your IP into the box for "By IP Address". There is a link below this box to add your current IP.
If your IP changes a lot you can put in a "wildcard" which will match more than one IP address.
So if your IP is 188.8.131.52 you can put in 205.67.120.* or 205.67.*.*
6. Check the box in the section called "Update IP Blocking in All Projects?" if you want to block the visits in all of your projects.
7. Click the "Save Settings" button on the right.
The IP should now be added to the blocking list.