I paid for X hits but I haven't used them yet - why are you billing me again?
StatCounter upgrades are *time* based not *hits* based.
Payments are due each period whether or not the full log quota is used in the period. This is because the costs of maintaining an upgraded account occur on a time basis and are not related to the number of hits to your site.
Let's look at an example of a 10,000 upgrade for $19 per month. When you sign up for this upgrade, you sign up to pay $19 PER MONTH for a 10,000 log.
Note that the upgrade is NOT $19 PER 10,000 HITS. It's $19 PER MONTH.
Since the cost of providing increased server processing and database space to your account are recurring, billing must be periodically recurring also.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- How can I change my payment method/ payment processor?
- Where can I get an invoice for my payment?
- How does the billing work?
- I paid for X hits but I haven't used them yet - why are you billing me again?
- What are the payment options for an upgraded account?
- Can I pay using AMEX?
- If I upgrade, who is charging my credit card?
- What is the tax status of StatCounter?
- Can I pay using my Maestro card?
- How do I know which payment processor I am using?
- How do I change/update my credit card details?
- How do I change my credit card details - Realex?
- How do I change my credit card details - Worldpay?
- How do I change my credit card details - Paypal?
- How do I change my credit card details - 2Checkout?
- There is no attachment to the invoice email - can you resend it?
- Pro-rata/Partial refunds
- Why has the VAT on my recurring payment changed?
- Why has my Worldpay subscription amount changed?