My counter increases by one when I reload the page, how can I make it to only track unique visitors?
1. Login to your account
2. Go to 'My Projects'
3. Click 'installation & configuration' (the icon)
4. Click the 'configure counter' link
5. In the display option - select "show unique visitors" from the drop down list.
6. Hit the submit button
This will work however if you have cookies disabled in your browser the counter will be unable to determine if you are a unique visitor or not and the counter will increase each time regardless of this setting.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- Can I reset my logs back to zero?
- My counter increases by one when I reload the page, how can I make it to only track unique visitors?
- How do I change my counters starting count?
- How do I configure default summary stat settings for guest users?
- How can I make sure my visits aren't counted when I load my site?
- I don't want to have to login to view my stats. Can I make my stats public?
- Is there a user type that can ONLY view the summary stats?
- How do I track anchor clicks within a web page?
- How do I delete a user?
- How can I center my counter?
- I have my counter configured for unique visitors, but it still increments every time I reload the page? How do I fix this?
- How do I block my IP address so it does not get recorded?
- How do I block my visits from being tracked using a cookie?
- How can I change a users status from "viewer" to "admin" on my account?
- Can I partially reset my logs?
- Can I change my project name?
- I’m using StatCounter – what are my options regarding cookies on my website?