The Blocking Cookie and/or Remember Me features are not working.
Anytime this happens it means our cookies are not being properly saved on your system.
Any of the below could be responsible for your cookie getting destroyed.
1. You logout of your statcounter account. Once blocking cookie is created, you should never logout of your account.
2. Anti-spyware / Anti-virus maybe removing your browser cookie at regular interval.
Make sure the above reasons are not responsible for destroying our cookies. If your visit are still getting recorded then we suggest to follow these steps;-
Fine tune your browser (This steps are for IE browser)
Click "Tools/Internet Options/Security".
1. Move the slider-bar to the lowest setting.
2. Click the "Trusted Sites" icon in the window. Add 'www.statcounter.com".
3. Click the "Restricted Sites" icon. Make sure that www.statcounter.com is not listed.
4. Click the "privacy" tab. Click the "sites" button. Add www.statcounter.com and click the "Allow" button.
And now, finally these steps :
1. Clear browser cookies
2. Reboot Computer
3. Log in statcounter account with remember me checked ON and/or create blocking cookie again.
This should resolve your issue.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- I've been using StatCounter for a while but it seems to have stopped working. It's not tracking any more visitors. What's wrong?
- I just started using StatCounter but it's not working. Your system is broken. I know I'm having visitors but they are not being tracked by your system. What's wrong?
- The counter is installed correctly but it is not increasing!
- Are the email reports working - how do I configure them?
- The StatCounter.com homepage won't load - and my counter won't load on my webpage.
- The country, city, state, regions stats are a little off. I know my friend is from xxx but he is coming up as xxx.
- The code is installed fine but it's not counting any visitors for some reason.
- All of my visitors are coming up with a "no referring link" - is there a problem?
- Cross checking the visitor/summary stats the unique visitors don't add up.
- The lifetime count from "my projects" page is different from the total being displayed on my counter - why is it different?
- My visitors aren't being counted - why?
- I can't register - what's wrong?
- Unique Visitors are DIFFERENT in the Summary Stats compared to the Detailed Log Stats - what's wrong?
- The Blocking Cookie and/or Remember Me features are not working.