How do I block my visits from being tracked using a cookie?
1. Login to your account
2. Click the "Blocking Cookie" link towards the top / center of the page
3. Click the button "Create blocking cookie for all projects"
4. If everything went well the page should reload and the button should now read "Destroy blocking cookie for all projects"
Note: When you log out of your account this blocking cookie is also destroyed, so don't log out of your account if you want to keep on blocking your visits. Also if you are using multiple browsers, you need to create blocking cookies for each of your browser.
Note: Sometimes this doesn't work depending on your browser, one tip that does seem to work for some members who are having trouble is to click the button a couple of times. It seems to clear up something on their computer.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- Can I reset my logs back to zero?
- My counter increases by one when I reload the page, how can I make it to only track unique visitors?
- How do I change my counters starting count?
- How do I configure default summary stat settings for guest users?
- How can I make sure my visits aren't counted when I load my site?
- I don't want to have to login to view my stats. Can I make my stats public?
- Is there a user type that can ONLY view the summary stats?
- How do I track anchor clicks within a web page?
- How do I delete a user?
- How can I center my counter?
- I have my counter configured for unique visitors, but it still increments every time I reload the page? How do I fix this?
- How do I block my IP address so it does not get recorded?
- How do I block my visits from being tracked using a cookie?
- How can I change a users status from "viewer" to "admin" on my account?
- Can I partially reset my logs?
- Can I change my project name?
- I’m using StatCounter – what are my options regarding cookies on my website?