Why xhtml valid code is not validating as w3c valid code - why?
It can't! If you want w3c valid code then tick the w3c valid code box in the code generation page. If you want xhtml valid code then tick the valid xhtml valid code.
You can't have w3c valid and xhtml valid. Personally I don't see the need for xhtml valid code on a website so I'd recommend to go with w3c.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- I've been using StatCounter for a while but it seems to have stopped working. It's not tracking any more visitors. What's wrong?
- I just started using StatCounter but it's not working. Your system is broken. I know I'm having visitors but they are not being tracked by your system. What's wrong?
- The counter is installed correctly but it is not increasing!
- Are the email reports working - how do I configure them?
- The StatCounter.com homepage won't load - and my counter won't load on my webpage.
- The country, city, state, regions stats are a little off. I know my friend is from xxx but he is coming up as xxx.
- Why xhtml valid code is not validating as w3c valid code - why?
- The code is installed fine but it's not counting any visitors for some reason.
- All of my visitors are coming up with a "no referring link" - is there a problem?
- Cross checking the visitor/summary stats the unique visitors don't add up.
- The lifetime count from "my projects" page is different from the total being displayed on my counter - why is it different?
- My visitors aren't being counted - why?
- I can't register - what's wrong?
- Unique Visitors are DIFFERENT in the Summary Stats compared to the Detailed Log Stats - what's wrong?
- The Blocking Cookie and/or Remember Me features are not working.