How do I configure default summary stat settings for guest users?
The summary stats now offer a lot of options, and users can save a default configuration that will be used everytime they log in. However, for all guest users, these default settings are the same, and they cannot save their own configuration.
This can be overcome by users to a degree, however, by adding a Stats Viewer user to their account - they can set up a default stats summary configuration for that user as they see fit, and then make the username and password for that Stats Viewer user public - so guest users can login as a Stats Viewer. The login can be embedded in links aswell as follows:
where USERNAME and PASSWORD are substituted with the public Stats Viewer username and password.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found here in the knowledge base.
- Can I reset my logs back to zero?
- My counter increases by one when I reload the page, how can I make it to only track unique visitors?
- How do I change my counters starting count?
- How do I configure default summary stat settings for guest users?
- How can I make sure my visits aren't counted when I load my site?
- I don't want to have to login to view my stats. Can I make my stats public?
- Is there a user type that can ONLY view the summary stats?
- How do I track anchor clicks within a web page?
- How do I delete a user?
- How can I center my counter?
- I have my counter configured for unique visitors, but it still increments every time I reload the page? How do I fix this?
- How do I block my IP address so it does not get recorded?
- How do I block my visits from being tracked using a cookie?
- How can I change a users status from "viewer" to "admin" on my account?
- Can I partially reset my logs?
- Can I change my project name?
- I’m using StatCounter – what are my options regarding cookies on my website?